Applying to the Graphic + Media Design program is a two step process:
1. Admission to the Sage College of Albany
All Graphic + Media Design students must first be admitted to the Sage College of Albany. To find out more about visiting and applying to Sage, please visit Sage’s Undergraduate Admission page.
2. Admission to the Department of Visual Arts
For admission into the Department of Visual Arts, potential students must present a portfolio of original work that includes 12–20 pieces demonstrating a range of abilities and creativity.
- Present a range of work, not just work from a desired major.
- If possible, include observational drawings (still life, figure, architecture, landscapes etc.).
- Any cartoon work must be your original idea demonstrating composition and concept.
- Computer-generated work is evaluated on creative merit (not simply using software).
As part of the application process to Sage, potential students are asked to submit their portfolios online at sagearts.slideroom.com. Instructions are provided on the website. Alternately, students may request an on-campus portfolio review by contacting the admissions office at (888) 837-9724.